Thursday, June 23, 2011

Growing up too fast!

I remember waiting for Janie. I remember contacting my agency (AGCI) in 2006. I remember signing my first adoption contract with AGCI in January of 2007. I remember the heart-ache of the Vietnam situation. I remember each and every moment of the wait to see what would happen next-where would God lead me. Time seemed to stand still. Time would not move. I remember each and every second of that wait. It was such a long and hard wait (all adoptive parents know exactly what I mean). Then after Janie entered my life, time began to fly. 

I remember people telling me that once you have kids, time flies! They were correct!

Fast foward a little less than a year later. Lexie is born. Time stands still again for a brief moment as I hear the news. But then, God kicked me in the rear and told me to "get busy" and "bring her home". Time was not on my side..I needed to get these amazing sisters together!

Time didn't really stand still during the wait. I was so busy getting all the paperwork ready, home study visits, etc. In addition, I was a mommy to a 1 year old.  I guess Janie kept me busy. Time didn't stand still-but it was a constant reminder that Lexie was getting older and the girls were missing part of thier lives together.

I was looking thru pictures tonight. I am so fortunate to have sooooo many pictures of both girls from a very early age and while they were in Taiwan. I have pictures of both girls at just a few days old all the way thru "gotcha" day. Over 100 of each girl--and several videos too.

Look at the difference time makes....

Janie in Taiwan (September 2009)



Janie about 1 month home  (October 2009)


Janie about 2 months home (November 2009)


Lexie in Taiwan (November 2010)



Lexie about 1 month home (December 2010)


Lexie about 2 months home (January 2011)


Both girls in Taiwan (November 2010)



Both girls now!




Time is flying by--that is for sure! I am loving watching my girls grow and discover the world--but I miss my babies. I'm sure all parents go thru these feelings...sigh!

Upcoming posts:
We traveled to Tenn for a Taiwan Adoptive Family reunion. We stayed overnight in Chattanooga and had a great time. I'll post all about it soon.

And a special treat post coming soon. People ask me alot about the girls. How are they alike? How are they different? So, I plan to do an "All about Janie" post and an "All about Lexie" post in the coming days. I will highlight what each of them is up to these days (and my current favorite pics of each of them)...stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you! During the wait, it was as if time stood still. Your baby was getting older but nothing you did could get you to Taiwan fast enough. And now that you're a mommy, it's like the days just race by. I wish my daughter was still a baby because we had such a short time together, but I'm definitely enjoying her now that she talks and I'm very excited to see what kind of young lady she grows up to be. Thanks for the little preview. I can't wait to find out more about your darling daughters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful girls! Looking forward to your future posts!

    Brooke Annessa
    www.theannessafamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete